Sunday, February 7, 2010

Twilight Mania!!!


I have to admit that I have been sucked into the Twilight phenomena. I didn't buy into the twilight craze at first but now something about the impossible story of a girl falling in love with a vampire who at every moment is tempted to suck the life out of her has me hooked. And no, my obsession with Twilight is not just because of the hottie Robert Pattinson, although that is a major plus.

I think this newfound obsession has a lot to do with me being a hopeless romantic. After obsessing over the movie and the books with a number of my girl friends, I realized that we are all waiting for our very own Edward Cullen to come sweep us off our feet.

I think that this unrealistic thought of finding the perfect guy that will cater to your every whim is what disappoints girls when they finally realize that the guy they are with is simply just human. But a girl can dream!

1 comment:

  1. You made me want to watch the movie for a second (before I regained my senses).

    As to you being hopelessly romantic, by you I also mean other girls like you, I feel rather sad that you think of yourself as such because it couldn't be further from the truth. You are everything that is wrong with romance. For example, that image you have of the "perfect guy" is actually created through a series of rejections of regular guys.

    You don't reject "regular guys" because they are not like "perfect guy", you build "perfect guy" from your rejections of "regular guys".

    so the core of the issue is the reason behind your rejections, they are a result of of chronic dissatisfaction

    I am only saying this because I have to stay connected with my emotions at all times. It is nothing personal.

    ReplyDelete